Home Forums General Discussion 2014 is Go

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Happy New Year everyone!

I hope you’ve all had a relaxing holiday and are feeling refreshed. I’ve had my share of sunshine (and gale force wind and torrential rain) and am feeling ready for a new year. I’m anticipating a big year ahead for many of us, with lots happening in the housing sector.

In February we’ll launch the Home Performance Advisor Training (Level II). Its development has been led by CEN, Beacon and The Enviroschools Foundation and it has been a collaborative effort involving many people who are part of the Hub. We’re also starting work on Level 1 so hope to have more news on that throughout the year. Jo Wills will have more detail on the launch soon.

The next Hub project is developing some Advisor Guides. The first cab on the rank is an Internal Moisture guide (there was lots of discussion about this before Christmas – here and here) and depending on how that is received we’ll look to do others, based on need and available budget..

Personally, I’ve got a big year ahead too as I’m starting a PhD (part time) with the Energy Culture group at Otago. I’ll be looking at middle out (i.e. not top down or bottom up…) change in the housing performance sector in NZ and I’m really looking forward to getting started. If I come across things I think will be of relevance to this group I’ll share them in the Hub. If anyone wants to know more about what I’ll be doing email me directly.

It would be great to hear what you have on your agenda this year, as I’m sure it would be of interest (not to mention valuable) for all of us on the Hub. What have you got on your plate this year??

Sally

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.