Home Forums General Discussion Availability of products – v-strips and window insulation film Reply To: Availability of products – v-strips and window insulation film

alexking
Participant

Yes, I saw the problem of condensation behind secondary glazing at a house I assessed recently. They had had secondary glazing installed (glass) in their multi-pane casement windows, and many panes were half obscured with condensation inside. That would likely be difficult to fix, but I’m wondering if it’s likely to improve over time with the water migrating through the wooden frames?

I also wonder if I should be recommending closing the room up and putting the dehumidifier on full blast for a couple of days prior to installing secondary glazing, that may reduce the likelyhood of condensation between the panes.

Since my work only involves recommendations and not installs, it has to be somewhere the public can buy from. I’ll check out bunnings for both products.

I recommend a wash with detergent then with vinegar solution before a thorough dry before applying the self-adhesive products.