Home Forums General Discussion Energy advisors in Wanganui?

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

If you are an energy advisor working in Wanganui, I would like to hear from you. Please e-mail Adriana Fontan at adriana.fontan@pncc.govt.nz I will be away until next week. Thanks

Hi Adriana, I don’t know of any advisors working in Wanganui. I’d be interested to hear if there are any though!

This may not help, but WISE (Waitara Initiatives Supporting Employment) in Waitara sometimes do work in Wanganui. They are an EECA service provider. I don’t know if they have a trained advisor but I can give you their contact details if you are interested in following it up.

Sally

Norman Smith
    Participant

Some few years ago I set up a retrofit enterprise with Whanganui/Marton iwi and hapu but it later shut down and as far as I know there is no such base in the area where such expertise might be located.

Hello Sally

I had a look at the WISE website and it does not seem to be what I was looking for. I was looking for somebody with sustainable design and architectural design training. This is what WISE does:

To benefit the Waitara community in general through the provision, promotion and facilitation of a range of training and work opportunities to assist those without work gain employment.

In order to achieve this, they have trainied unemployed people on how to install insulation (in Taranaki). They have also done Healthy Homes surveys in conjunction with Wellington School of Medicine.

Nevertheless, they have also provided flax for weavers and wood and chainsaws for carvers.

The focus of WISE seems to be on employement, not on the environment or on healthy homes.

Thanks anyway

Norman Smith
    Participant

In 1999 the (then New Plymouth District Council-owned) WISE entity, based in the aptly named Mold St, added energy upgrades to an existing range of training and job creation activities such as firewood supply. Within this unit people were trained to undertake the full package of retrofit measures for the EECA scheme which later morphed into Warm-Up NZ.

Paul Hansen
    Participant

WISE are indeed predominately a service providor to EECA as far as involvment in house hold efficiency is concerned in the Taranaki / Wanganui regions. They aslo are active in aspects of the energy/gas industry in Taranaki. They may still prove to be a good place to touch base in respect of who is active in the industry in the region of your interest. Energy advise is an interest of WISE and so may well have contacts or knowledge of practitioners/designers.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.