Home Forums General Discussion Outcomes and Actions from Hub workshop now in Forum

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hi guys

I’ve now had a chance to write up the notes from last week’s workshop.

I’ve uploaded them into the Best Practice Library so you can all see them. They are in the folder called “Hub Development”. Please down load them and take a look.

I’ve included high level outcomes from the day but the really meaty stuff – all the good ideas and energy – are in the notes. Well actually, they were in the room but the notes are an OK proxy for now.

At a really high level the things we agreed from the workshop were:

1.     Hub objective is broadly: a platform that facilitates communication between key actors working in the home performance area and synthesises shared knowledge to produce products/services to improve all partners’ effectiveness

2.     Hub is aimed at: providing services, benefit for members (not the public) – still need to work on who is a member

3.     Hub’s main group of services (outputs) should be: training, certification, technical forum/mentoring

4.     Should be driven by: members needs (emphasis on serving households)

And the agreed actions from the day are:

1)    Current partnership (Beacon, CEN, Enviroshools) continues as a strategy/governance group for the time being and works on membership criteria

2)    We pick one “product” to develop based on adviser need – developing the product becomes an experimental process in collaboration. We use this to inform future approaches and develop our model. Including QA process and disseminating final product very important

3)    Crafting / honing the Hub objective we developed today.

4)    Distribute outcomes of today via email and then update on work of strategy group

5)    Strategy group to meet in July to take the next step

6)    Sally to send out usability survey to get more info on how people have found the site itself.

What does this mean for you?
    Well, it would be great to get some feedback on they outcomes of the day. Especially what you think about the Hub “Objectives”

I will be trying to set up a meeting with the strategy group in the next couple of weeks so we can take this another step forward.

I will try to be in contact with at least one members of the all the partner groups on the phone or face to face shortly after that next meeting to keep the momentum going.

Thanks to all who contributed so much to the day and for everyone’s comments and contribution to the pilot so far. Everyone has contributed in different ways and its all been necessary to get where we are today.

hopefully we’ve got some exciting things on the horizon.

Sally

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.