Home Forums General Discussion Hub membership

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Here’s a curly one…

One of our objectives for the pilot was to determine who membership of the Hub should be open to long term. For the pilot phase we’ve kept membership pretty narrow but we’re approaching a time when we need to address this.

At the original Developing Effective Advisors workshop we identified some core principles that we all agreed to and under which we wanted to collaborate. They are:

• Advice should be independent and in the best interests of the client
    • Advice should be based on good practice/good science
    • Good advice should be accessible for all New Zealanders

We identified that a Hub was a way to support practitioners to promote advice along these lines.

Membership for the pilot was limited to practitioners who developed the concept of the Hub and who we were confident shared these objectives. The idea being that a closed environment allowed us the freedom to sort out the finer details of sharing information and working together.

Now that you’ve seen some of the potential for the Hub site. Who do you think membership should be open to?

Vicki Cowan
    Keymaster

I think it would be good to widen membership, but I’m sitting on the fence a bit about to whom.  I think we need to recognise that people get advice from all sorts of places – so it would be great if those people giving advice had access to good practice information.

So people who are Homestar assessors/practitioners/homecoaches might be a good start – since they are giving advice to people, and the NZGBC training doesn’t cover off the detail of sustainable building- just the assessment process.

I see the discussion threads on EcoBob and there is a lot of ill informed comment there – it would be great to help people sift through what is sometimes quite rubbishy and other times really good – but I think that might be too hard at the moment.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.